Will motorcycle insurance cover a non-moving accident?

Motorcycle insurance is similar to auto insurance in that you are required to carry liability insurance in most states. However, the similarities don’t stop there. You can also purchase full coverage insurance on your motorcycle as well.

We at Cary-Wheeler & Associates Inc. in Richmond, VA know that not all motorcycle owners understand the benefits of different insurance policies. However, we’re committed to making sure that we answer questions that help our customers get the coverage they need. 

Motorcycle Insurance for Non-moving Accidents?

Of course, liability coverage will not pay for the repair of your motorcycle. Liability insurance covers situations where you’re at fault. However, like auto insurance, you can purchase comprehensive insurance to pay for the repair of your motorcycle, if damaged in a non-moving accident.

Motorcycle owners who carry comprehensive insurance receive coverage for the repair/replacement of their bike if it’s damaged in a non-collision accident. Compensation for damage from fallen objects like trees and hail is also covered by comprehensive insurance. Theft, fire damage, and vandalism are also covered by comprehensive motorcycle insurance. Overall, comprehensive coverage covers damage from accidents and situations that don’t involve collisions. 

Other Considerations

Although comprehensive insurance isn’t required, motorcycle owners may be required to carry full coverage motorcycle insurance if they are financing their motorcycle. Motorcycle owners also have the option of purchasing add-on personal accident coverage. This insurance coverage would award motorcycle owners or their families a cash payment in case of a serious accident.

Give Us A Call

Cary-Wheeler & Associates Inc. in Richmond, VA is here to help motorcycle owners explore the best motorcycle insurance for their unique situations. If you have questions about motorcycle insurance, call us. We’re standing by.