Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Virginia
We take all obtaining boat and watercraft insurance seriously here at Cary-Wheeler & Associates Inc. in Richmond, VA. Your boat is a huge investment and that is why it is so important that you protect it with boat/watercraft insurance. We will work hard to get you a policy that is personally tailored to fit your needs. It works the same way as auto insurance. The best part about boat insurance is that it will keep you covered while out on the ocean or while boating inland.
Insurance Laws Virginia
The laws in Virginia do not require anyone to carry boat or watercraft insurance. However, if you do own a boat or other type of watercraft you must make sure that you register your property with the state. A safety boating course is also required. If you are looking to dock your boat at a marina, there are some marinas that will require you to show proof of insurance.
Boating Insurance Coverage Options
There are a few different types of coverage options that you can choose for your personal boats such as:
- Liability- This policy will make sure that you have the necessary expenses to cover a boating accident. It will cover injuries and any necessary property damage.
- Replacement property coverage- This policy will cover motors, trailers, and vessels during your coverage period.
- Medical expenses. This policy will help cover any injuries for you or your passengers due to an accident.
- Acquired property- This policy will help keep any of your newly acquired vessels protected as well as any trailers and other motors.
- Personal property- This policy will help keep your personal belongings protected while you have them on board.
You can also take advantage of emergency and towing services, uninsured/underinsured insurance, and wreck salvage and removal coverage.
If you need a quote, visit our Cary-Wheeler & Associates Inc. website or give us a call today. We are located in Richmond, VA.